- Made With Organic Pasta
- Rabbit of Approval- Totally Natural
- 100% Real Cheese
- No Artificial Anything!
- 0 g Trans Fat
- Naturally Good Source of Calcium and Protein
- See Nutrition Information For Sodium Content
- Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
It's no surprise that the product most associated with Annie's Homegrown is our very first Annie's Shells & White Cheddar. After twenty years, our beloved purple box remains our rock- a link from the past to present. We're proud to now bring you the same delicious recipe with certified organic pasta.
So why such a positive response to our purple box from the start? The color purple proves to be eye-catching together with our logo- the quirky, smiling rabbit (not Seal) of Approval my brother sketched from a photo of Bernie, my pet rabbit. Maybe it's our distinctively delicious, all-natural, ground-breaking white cheddar cheese or those unique cheddar-catching pasta shells. Perhaps above all, Annie's founding mission to make the planet a greener, healthier place resonates with you. All of these answers contribute to the perseverance of our purple box. But I believe that you, our friends and customers, are the real magic behind the brand.
Annie's Way in 10 Minutes
- Boil: 6 cups water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in: pasta, bring to boil. Cook: 8-10 minutes, or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Drain Pasta: in colander. While pasta is draining...
- Add: 3 Tbsp lowfat milk to the warm saucepan. (Optional: Add 2 Tbsp unsalted butter for richer flavor)
- Sprinkle: cheese over milk; stir to combine.
- Add: cooked pasta back to saucepan and stir well.
Annie's Suggestions: For a richer flavor, add 2 Tbsp unsalted butter. For a creamy, tangy version, replace milk with 1/2 cup lowfat yogurt.
Organic wheat shell pasta, cheddar cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, non-animal enzymes), whey, butter, nonfat milk, salt, sodium phosphate.
Contains milk and wheat ingredients.
Made on shared equipment that also processes egg and soy.
Keep in a cool, dry place.