Almonds are one of the most nutritious nuts around. When it comes to snack foods, the health benefits of almonds secure top honors for the nut. The health benefits are wide and varied.
1. Keeps the Heart healthy: Huge amounts of vitamin E found in these nuts acts as an antioxidant and reduces the risk of heart diseases. Almonds also help reduce C-reactive protein (CRP) which causes artery-damaging inflammation.
2. Reduces bad cholesterol: Almonds are a good source of monounsaturated fats and some polyunsaturated fats which help to lower the low-density lipoprotein (LDL or "bad" cholesterol). A handful of almonds every day can lower your bad cholesterol level by 8 to 12 percent.
3. Improves blood circulation: Almonds are high in potassium and low in sodium, both are factors that regulate blood pressure. The high level of magnesium in almonds has a very positive effect on our arteries and veins and helps to improve the overall flow of nutrients through our bodies. It also contains iron, which helps carry oxygen to all of the body's cells and organs.
4. Strengthen our bones: They are a very good source of calcium which helps in osteoporosis and strengthens the bones, teeth and muscles. It also provides other nutrients that help to increase the bone mineral density, which helps to strengthen the skeletal system.
5. Helps you lose weight: Almonds have high fiber content, protein and the good type of fat which satisfies your appetite very soon therefore you are less likely to have cravings and overeat. Studies have revealed that almond rich low calorie diet is good for obese people to assist in shedding their weight.
6. Good for diabetic people: They are a low glycemic index (GI) food. When eaten with a high GI food, it helps in reducing the rise in sugar and insulin levels after meals
7. Reduces the risk of Cancer: Being high in natural fiber, it improves the movement of food through the colon, thereby preventing colon cancer
Benefits of Soaking Almonds in Water 1: Almonds are difficult to digest because of an enzyme-inhibiting substance in their brown coating. These enzyme inhibitors protect the nut or seed until it has what it needs for to grow. Soaking almonds overnight removes these toxic enzyme inhibitors so that the enzymes secreted during digestion can do their job. Also the gluten breaks down, so the digestion becomes much easier. Phytic acid, which inhibits the absorption of vital minerals, is also reduced. This helps our body get the benefit of vitality contained within them. Moreover, soaking almonds in milk and eating them increases the libido and enhances general sexual performance in cases of frigidity.
Nature's Glory Almonds are Not Gennetically modifed, No pesticides, No additives, No colouring.